Friday, January 25, 2013

Dressing room

Let's begin with a little story...

A few years ago, my brother and his wife decided to buy a 4500sq foot log home on the out skirts of a small town about 20 minutes away from the city we live in. It was just the two of them, and boy did they have A LOT of space. She decided that she would create a "walk in closet" of sorts in the master bedroom. They used the bedroom across the hall as their actual sleeping quarters, and she used this room to put all of her girly things in... Long story short the credit must go to her. 

2 years ago or so, I purchased a house with my soon to be husband boyfriend and we decided, since we are not planning on having children in the next 5 or so years, we would have our bedroom, he would have a bedroom and I would have a bedroom. 

His bedroom turned into a gaming/gun room. His two passions in life.

 And mine, is my favorite place in the world. I could spend HOURS in there, just looking around and doing my hair and makeup.

I created a dressing room.

I must say, I took my sister in-laws idea and RAN with it.   I'm still doing a bit of work on it. However it is the one place in the world I am most comfortable.

Enough with the words, lets see some pictures!

The view from the door


The vanity drawer

Made by me: Belt and scarf storage
Made by me: Full length mirror

Dresses and shoes

Purse tree (made for me by my step dad) and hair care storage

The vanity (made by me: Mirror)

Closet (which I currently use as a linen closet, my house does not have one!)

Wall closet view

Granted, these pictures were taken when I just finished the room. There have been quite a few updates since then. I will make a newer post once I get my new makeup organizer all sorted out, I am waiting for it to arrive!

As I mentioned, I did make a few things in here my self. The mirrors and the belt/scarf storage. I also made the closet curtain as well as the window treatments. I also covered the chair in the same fabric as the closet curtain. If you would like me to post how I did these, please comment and let me know.

I hope you enjoyed this post! :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment