Tuesday, January 29, 2013

DIY Canvas Poem

Christmas came and went already!

I feel like I spend more time preparing for Christmas, then actually celebrating Christmas... Oh well, I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way!

I was stumped on what to do for my little nephews this year! Kevvin (not a mistake, that is how they spell his name), the oldest, is 2 and a half and Xander is 1 year. As I was roaming through store after store looking at all the different toys to get them, I just didn't feel like any of that was special enough. They were going to get LOADS of toys from the rest of the family. All the other toys I had bought them just got lumped into a pile with every other toy they own, and I never actually see them play with it. So I decided I would do something completly different!

Although, I did end up buying them a few small things. Only because right before Christmas I had a mini panic attack. They are young boys, and I didn't think they would be as excited as I would have liked them to be about their gift.

So here is what I did. I sat down with a pen and a paper and wrote them a poem. One for each of them. It described the first time we met, our relationship and how much I love them.

I then used the following materials:

Canvas
Scrapbook paper
Mod Podge
Wooden Letters
Legal plain white paper
Office Printer
Hot glue
Picture (printed at Wal-Mart)

And this is what the finished project looked like:

For the 2 and a half year old


For the 1 year old
 I am quite happy with how they turned out. I think they are very cute. Although I realize there will one day be a point in their life when they no longer want the pictures, but then I plan on taking them back and keeping them for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment