Monday, January 28, 2013

21st Birthday gift!

Recently, my good friend turned 21. She loves a good drink and going out to the club. What to get a girl of such sorts?

 I ran into this picture on Pinterest

And decided I would do my own take on it for her!

End product:


I chose two of her favorite drinks. Baby Duck and Jag.
Then I went to the dollar store and picked up some cheap diamonds. I think they were $1.25 for a pack of 150.
While at the dollar store, I also picked up some tall plastic shot glasses (which you see the flowers stuck in), felt/wire flowers and a wine glass.
Then I was off to Michael's to get the rest. That is where I picked up the basket and fill and the glass glue along with the pink "L".

Then it was glue and stick, glue and stick and so on and so on.
This was a very time consuming project. But SO worth it.
Not only can she enjoy a nice drink, but she can continue to display the bottles for as long as she likes.

She loved it, and said it was the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever given her! :)
Adding a bit of sparkle made this otherwise dull gift amazing!
And all it took was a bit of money (Maybe 20 bucks for all the supplies less the actual gifts) and a good chunk of time!

Now for some closeups:

"L" For Larisa

Wine glass

Shot glasses with felt/wire flower

Baby Duck Champagne. I added "La La" on it as that is her nickname. I also added a baby giraffe on top of the baby duck, as she is fond of giraffes.
Jag, nothing too fancy here. Just glue and stick
This was actually quite a fun project too!

No comments:

Post a Comment